GeneralBuy your Vlad Quigley coffee table art magazine now!
Only £8 UK or or $12.05 (USA) + postage: $1.69 (UK) or $1.40 (US)!
...For a 48 page, FULL COLOUR, independent, Collector's Item publication that's a bargain!
Create your badge..
"I could fight for a glance or smile, expose my heart for her dearer fame, and wish no recompense, but breathing out my last gasp into her soft, white, delicate bosom."
(Love Letters between a Noble-Man and his Sister - Aphra Behn, 1684)
The sound of Vlad Quigley's Restoration art is Marc Bolan's T.Rex and harpsichords...
Any bawdy, risqué, heavy punk rock covers of 17th Century London street songs, with lusty tales of saucy wenches, sexual exploits, jilted suitors, shrewish wives, fumbling husbands and country bumpkins
Goth, T.Rex, Billy Fury, Henry Purcell, Skye Edwards, Punk, Doom Metal, Trip Hop, 60s British Beat
Nell Gwyn (Anna Neagle, Cedric Hardwicke), Escape from the Planet of the Apes, The Rebel (Tony Hancock), A Hard Day's Night (Beatles), , Son of Frankenstein (Basil Rathbone), Stage Beauty, What a Carve Up! (Sid James, Kenneth Connor), The Witchfinder General, The Wolfman (Lon Chaney Jr, Bela Lugosi), Baise-Moi, Backbeat (Ian Hart), La Lectrice, Horror Express (Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing), ...
I rarely watch TV, mostly I have BBC radio playing or I would be lstening to an audio book... however my tastes would be for fun classy cult tv mostly... early Doctor Who (William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee), Department S and Jason King, The Munsters, Callan, The Addams Family, The Secret Service, Captain Scarlet, Bottom, The Prisoner, The Avengers, Enterprise, BBC 4 type history documentaries, some British historic costume drama type stuff... and heaps of BBC Radio Five Live
Create your badge..
"Not all her care could keep the sparks concealed, but it broke out in every word and look; her trembling tongue, her feeble fainting voice betrayed it all; sighs interrupting every syllable; a languishment I never saw till then dwelt in her charming eyes, that contradicted all her little vows; her short and double breathings heaved her breast, her swelling snowy breast, her hands that grasped me trembling as they closed"
(Love Letters between a Noble-Man and his Sister - Aphra Behn, 1684)
Aphra Behn, John Dryden, Jean Baaptiste Moliere, Terry Jones, Cyrano de Bergerac, Samuel Pepys, Daniel Defoe, William Godwin, Terence Dicks, Dennis Spooner, Ned Ward, Jane Austen, Dee Brown, Jack Kirby, George Woodcock, Terry Nation, plenty of 60s and early 70s Marvel Comics, 50s EC Comics...
Dedicated to the memory of Candace Rough Surface (1962-1980)
Suspect finally pleads guilty after 16 years
Candi crusade seeks national awareness
100-Year Term In Sioux's Rape And Murder
For years (and despite serious illness) Vlad Quigley ran the 1-in-3 Campaign raising awareness of the epidemic in racist rapes of Native American women ...caused by 2 racist, inhumane, deplorable US laws which deny American Indians justice.
*According to the US Department of Justice, in at least 86 per cent of reported cases of rape or sexual assault against American Indian and Alaska Native women, survivors report that the perpetrators are non-Native men.
*Justice Department figures indicate that American Indian and Alaska Native women are 2.5 times more likely to be raped or sexually assaulted than women in the United States. In general, more than one in three Native women will be raped in their lifetimes.
Two US laws are the direct cause:
1. The 1978 Supreme Court ruling of "Oliphant vs. Suquamish" which prevents non-Natives from being arrested and tried by tribal courts for offences committed on tribal land.
2. The 1968 Indian Civil Rights Act which currently limits the powers of tribal courts to a fine of $5,000 or 1 years imprisonment (punishment not fitting of the types of crimes committed on Native lands).
1-IN-3 CAMPAIGN: STATISTICS ABOUT RAPES OF NATIVE AMERICAN WOMEN
* Native American and Alaska Native women in the United States suffer disproportionately high levels of rape and sexual violence, yet the federal government has created substantial barriers to accessing justice.
* According to the US Department of Justice, in at least 86 per cent of reported cases of rape or sexual assault against American Indian and Alaska Native women, survivors report that the perpetrators are non-Native men… …The Department’s data on sexual violence against non-Native women, in contrast, shows that for non-Indigenous victims, sexual violence is usually committed within an individual’s own race. For example, in 2004, perpetrators in 65.1 per cent of rapes of white victims were white, and 89.8 per cent of perpetrators in rapes of African American victims were African American.
* Justice Department figures indicate that American Indian and Alaska Native women are 2.5 times more likely to be raped or sexually assaulted than women in the United States in general; more than one in three Native women will be raped in their lifetimes.
* According to American Indians and Crime, a study by the Department of Justice released in 1999, Native Americans are far more likely to be victims of violent crime than members of any other racial group.
* A US Department of Justice study on violence against women concluded that 34.1 per cent of American Indian and Alaska Native women – or more than one in three – will be raped during their lifetime; the comparable figure for the USA as a whole is less than one in five
* The rate of violent crime experienced by Native women is nearly 50% higher than that experienced by black males.
* Amnesty International’s research suggests that there is a failure at federal level to pursue cases of sexual violence against Indigenous women. From 1 October 2002 to 30 September 2003, federal prosecutors declined to prosecute 60.3 per cent of the sexual violence cases filed. Only 27 of the 475 cases they declined were prosecuted in other courts… Significantly, between 2000 and 2003, the BIA was consistently among the investigating agencies with the highest percentage of cases declined by federal prosecutors. It is not possible to establish how many of these cases submitted by the BIA involved sexual violence.
* With well over 500 federally recognised tribes, there are barely 26 Native specific shelters in existence today with only a few more in development. Efforts must support the development and ongoing operation of shelters across Indian Country.
* According to the US Department of Justice, available data suggests that tribes have between 55 and 75 per cent of the law enforcement resources available to comparable non-Native rural communities.
* Over 80 per cent of those in Alaska who are not afforded trained and certified law enforcement protection are Alaska Native.
* At least a third of all Alaska Native villages that are not accessible by road have no law enforcement presence at all.
* Further complicating the issue is the fact that records of reported sexual violence against Native American Indian women are hard to find, because most cases are never prosecuted. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 70% of sexual assaults go unreported, the most often stated reason being that the victims fears the assailant (76%). In Indian Country particularly, it is very difficult to document the extent of sexual assault, and therefore, difficult to gather specific statistics, largely because of jurisdictional authority issues.
* Rape is always an act of violence, but there is evidence to suggest that sexual violence against American Indian and Alaska Native women involves a higher level of additional physical violence. Fifty per cent of American Indian and Alaska Native women reported that they suffered physical injuries in addition to the rape; the comparable figure for women in general in the USA is 30 per cent.
* According to US Department of Justice figures, in around a quarter of reports of sexual violence against American Indian or Alaska Native women the alleged perpetrator is an intimate partner.
* According to US Department of Justice statistics, Alaska has the highest incidence of "forcible rapes" of women of any US state. Alaska Native women experience high levels of sexual violence in both urban and rural areas. For example, between 2000 and 2003, Alaska Native people in Anchorage were 9.7 times more likely to experience sexual assault than others living in the city.
* Shocking though these statistics are, it is widely believed that they do not accurately portray the extent of sexual violence against Native American and Alaska Native women... …For Native American and Alaska Native women, historical relations with federal and state government agencies also affect the level of reporting of sexual violence.
* It appears that Indigenous women in the USA may be targeted for acts of violence and denied access to justice on the basis of their gender and Indigenous identity.
* Impunity for perpetrators and indifference towards survivors contribute to a climate where sexual violence is seen as normal and inescapable rather than criminal, and where women do not seek justice because they know they will be met with inaction.
* A report by the US Commission on Civil Rights in 2003 found federal spending on health services for Indigenous people via the IHS was far below spending on all other groups. It reported that national per capita health expenditure for the average person in the USA for that year would be US$5,775, while the IHS would spend a projected average of US$1,900 per person for all medical care. The study noted:
"This disparity in spending is amplified by the poorer health conditions of many in the Native American community and represents a direct affront to the legal and moral obligation the nation has to improve Indian health status."
US Commission on Civil Rights, A Quiet Crisis: Federal Funding and Unmet Needs in Indian Country, July 2003
* According to the 2000 US Census there are an estimated 4.1 million Native American and Alaska Native individuals living in the USA today – around 1.5 per cent of the total population.
* More than 50 per cent of Native American and Alaska Native peoples in the USA live in urban areas. According to a study by the Seattle Indian Health Board’s Urban Indian Health Institute, those living in urban areas suffer from poorer health than the general US population.
"Close thine eyes and sleep secure,
Thy soul is safe, thy body sure;
He that guards thee, he that keeps,
Never slumbers, never sleeps.
A quiet conscience, in a quiet breast,
Has only peace, has only rest:
The music and the mirth of kings
Are out of tune, unless she sings.
Then close thine eyes in peace, and rest secure,
No sleep so sweet as thine, no rest so sure."
(Upon A Quiet Conscience by King Charles I)
"RESTORATION HANG THY MEDICINE ON MY LIPS"
Vlad is bed-ridden with the long term disability Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E., also known as Chronic Fatigue Immunity Disorder Syndome and Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome) and Fibromyalgia...
...so would be extremely grateful for your patience in awaiting responses to professional queries and correspondence.
Most gracious thanks.
- Jan 27, 2012 1:07 PM Exhibition closing night! Free wine!
- Aug 20, 2011 10:09 AM @VladQuigley
- Jul 28, 2011 4:38 AM Tomorrow: London art exhibition!
- May 2, 2011 8:58 PM Join me on facebook
- Mar 24, 2011 12:26 PM Vlad Quigley in British Museum Victorian Communist vampire shocker!
Daring British artist Vad Quigley is the Russ Meyer of Pop Art... a council estate cavalier, disabled through illness and available for art exhibitions (including at relatively short notice)
Always a gentleman and a fan favourite to a predominantly female audience (over 100,000 fans on MySpace), Vlad Quigley is listed in "Who's Who In Art" and has exhibited & been published worldwide.
His muses/models have included famous Hollywood adult actresses, supermodels, burlesque stars and Playboy models.
Currently he draws "The Reigning Queen Of Burlesque" Angie Pontani and American fashion designer Rosario Mena.
VLAD QUIGLEY ON TWITTER: @VLADQUIGLEY
VLAD QUIGLEY'S OFFICIAL ONLINE MERCHANDISE STORE
VLAD QUIGLEY ART ON FLICKR
VLAD QUIGLEY'S AMAZON WISHLIST
Vlad Quigley's saucy decolletage pin-up Pop Art of buxotic wenches and harlot highway women in (17th Century) English Restoration fashions is lyrical, romantic, saucy, poetic and, above all, polite.
His inspiration is the feminist erotic phiosophy & poetry of English Restoration visionary Mrs Aphra Behn...
...As well as burlesque legends, Russ Meyer movies and Pop Art comics.
Due to his suffering severe, incurable nerve & skeletal pain with intense fevers, this is never easy art to create. Each work takes sheer torture (with agonising consequences lasting days, even weeks, after) to complete.
Vlad Quigley, today's rebellious renegade cavalier, adored by women and art fans alike... can be contacted for art exhibition inquiries & bookings via Tracy Jallow Hutchinson: 0208 7766169
(Please note: the wit and topless nature of this art is not suitable for Puritans)
Official Website: www.vladquigley.com
Create your badge..
Who I'd like to meet:
Anyone is welcome so long as they leave their bigotry behind!
Most welcome are...
People of selfless charm, patience, gallantry, courage and passion from the mist enshrouded margins between sublime wisdom and hapless bravado.
Footpads, Levellers, Rakes, Highwaymen, Cuirassiers, Lancers, Harquebusiers, Carbines, Fuzileers, Grenadiers, Pipers, Horse Guards, Foot Guards, Pioneers, Troopers, Roundheads, Pirates, Playwrights, Concubines, Fops, Goblins, Mistresses, Duellists, Ironsides, Cavaliers, Vampires, Libertines, Posture Girls, Pikemen, Mobs, Dandies, Customs Men, Grave Diggers, Musketeers, Pixeis, Dragoons, Red Coats, Witches, Wenches, Maids, Waifs, Trowls, Doxies, Flesh-flies, Whores, Varlets, Naughty Packs, Jilts, Cockatrice, Woodcocks, Does, Shifting Sisters, Bona Roba, Queans, Hobbyhorses, Punchable Nuns, Mermaids, Drabs, Naughts, Wild Fowl, Bouncing Ramps, Smuts, Baggage, Stales, Punks, Madames, Brickdust Molls, Stale Mutton, Hackney’s, Painted Prostitutes, Mackerels, Hussies, Vixens, Ewe Mutton, Shittle-Corks, Gills, Cats, Trogmoldies, Crags, Bunters, Tame Wild-Geese, Aunts, Abbess's, Abbots, Cash Carriers, Dollymops, Midinettes, Toffers, Haybags, Judys, Ladybirds, Tails, Roaring Golls, Charlies, Clay fakers, Flimps, Lills, Mobsmen, Toolers, Fine wirers, Bludgers, Punishers, Cutthroats, Nobblers, Bruisers, Bug hunters, Mutchers, Gonophs, Kinchen-lays, Maltoolers, Rampsmen, Mug-hunters, Demanders, Kidsmen, Snakesman, Broadsmen, Crows, Griddlers, Mumpers, Kanurds, Lushingtons, Jacobites, Bridewells, Bearer ups, Buttoners, Press Gangs, Strikers, Knaves, Spoorns, Stone riders, Beldams, Whiblins, Drunken sots, Noddies, Morris Dancers, Marriage-cryers, Tories and Whigs, Orange Girls, Truggers, Battledore Makers, Bird Catchers, Apothecaries, Hangmen, Broom dashers, Bessomers, Ballad Sellers, Pie Sellers, Troubadours, Chair Bodgers, Fishwives, Costermongers, Rateners, Link Boys, Chairmen, Chimney Sweeps, Scale-rakers, Resurrection Men, Assassins, Alchemists, Ballerinas, Punch & Judy Men, Stage Beauties, Necromancers, Diarists, Philosophers, Fortune Tellers, Printers, Pamphleteers, Cheap Gin makers, Tobacco & Tea Importers, Chocolateers, Bishoprics, Husbandmen, Blacksmiths, Wreckers, Smugglers, Courtiers, Mercers, Aldermen, Court Occultists, Yeomen, Merchants, etc.
Please don't send invites to this profile if you're either under age or likely to be offended. Many thanks!
..TA VERY MUCH! Please click here to visit Vlad's Amazon wishlist..
It is requested, with most modest of complements and bows, that you would please show breeding and character by not posting notices for tavern (and pillory) performances of your Sir Foplin minstrels, montebanks and ditty-warblers-about-Town.
My thanks to Poisonous Arty for suggesting the following party selection
- Status: Single
- Here for: Networking
- Hometown: London, England
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Smoke / Drink: Yes / No
- Occupation: Restoration Punk / Gothic Romance Artist
over 20 years
- SE England UK